1. Who we are
We are Discover Ishigaki, a Tour operator registered in Japan. We are the data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. What personal data we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data:
– Contact information such as name, email address, postal address, and phone number
– Payment information such as credit card number, expiration date, and billing address
– User content such as comments, reviews, and photos
– Technical information such as IP address, browser type, and operating system
– Usage information such as the pages you visit and the features you use
– Marketing information such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications
We may also collect information from third-party sources, such as social media platforms or other websites that you use to interact with our services.
3. How we use your personal data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
– To provide and improve our services
– To process your payments and fulfill your orders
– To communicate with you about your account and our services
– To personalize your experience and tailor our services to your preferences
– To analyze and understand how our services are used
– To send you marketing communications that you have requested or that we believe may be of interest to you
– To comply with legal obligations and protect our legal rights
4. How we share your personal data
We may share your personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
– With service providers who assist us in providing our services, such as payment processors and hosting providers
– With business partners who offer services that we believe may be of interest to you
– With government authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with legal obligations or protect our legal rights
– With your consent or at your direction
5. How we protect your personal data
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We use physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your data.
6. Your rights
Under the international privacy laws, you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
– The right to access your personal data
– The right to rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
– The right to erase your personal data in certain circumstances
– The right to restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
– The right to object to our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
– The right to data portability, or the right to receive a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format
To exercise these rights, please contact us using the information provided below.
7. Retention of personal data
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
8. International transfers of personal data
Your personal data may be transferred to and processed in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) that may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the EEA. When we transfer your personal data to these countries, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your data.
You can also read about: